of Paul Vudmaska
Full stack, Ruby on Rails developer (12+ years experience) with other complimentary design and technology skills.
My best asset is my interest. I keep up with web development trends (both front and back) because I love it.
- I seek value - "how is this technology going to help me create value for myself and others?"
- Finding the right tool for the job used to be the hardest part. Now, choosing, the right tool is hardest because of paradox of choice.
- I've got 20 years of experience choosing and implementing the right tools for the job.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Information Systems
- UTSA, San Antonio, Texas
- Many ruby gems Gemfile
- Mysql / Postgres
- Managed production servers on Digital Ocean and Linode for more than 10 years
- SSH / Keys
- SSL certs
- jQuery Mobile
- Static site generators
Jan 2007 to Present
- Full stack development of CRM for small business.
- Manages customer's clients, phones, invoices and more
- Rails (started with 2, currently on 4+)
- Scriptable phone number
- Call Routing
- Jquery Mobile
- I've worked for MBLZ on a project basis over the last few years.
- Some of the projects include:
- Added product invoices and inventory
- Updating all sites to use SSL (Let's Encrypt)
- Moved the CMS portion out of Rails and into a static site generator
- Multi-site Middleman - all the sites use one instance, each containing their own data and content - making maintenance (including adding sites) very efficient, performant and cost effective
- Bootstrap (3&4 - the upgrade to 4 was a breeze)
Senior developer working on internal apps that managed contracts.
- Using their API, interfaced with Salesforce
- Encrypted documents at rest
- Implemented workflows that streamlined the sales/contract process
- Navy (3 years). Honorably discharged. Attained rank of E6 in short enlistment.
- Worked on the flight deck of an air craft carrier (Saratoga)
- Visited the Mediterranean
- Tech lead
- Intranet apps
- ASP - Jscript on the server